My hubby, despite all his really good qualities, is a really bad sleeper. I have no understanding of what this is like because if they had sleep Olympics, I'd be in! I'm great at it.
Yesterday was one of those nights when, despite working for 12 hours and not eating until he got home, he still wasn't able to just conk out. So, as he finally decided to come to bed at 4 AM, I was awakened.
Being as pregnant as I am right now, I have approximately five minutes to eat before my hunger turns into all consuming crisis.
So, I lay there for a bit until I couldn't take it anymore. I'm starving.
"Yeah, I'm pretty hungry, too."
Want some cereal?
"Sure."
Ok, lets go!
We both piled out of bed and ran down stairs. We filled up our bowls and brought them back up to bed. We sat in the dark talking, laughing, and downing Corn Pops like we were at our first slumber party.
When we were almost done, he looks at me and says, "I feel like we're on a date."
My response was, "how sad!" But now that I think about it, I'm grateful that that's all it takes to make us happy.
So, do you have any more cheep date ideas that still were very meaningful? Please let me borrow your ideas! (Valentine's Day is Saturday and I need help!)
No comments:
Post a Comment