I have not blogged for a LONG time, but this occasion warranted the full blown story being documented. 1:20 A.M. My daughter wakes me saying something about water, an emergency, and come quick. I really thought she must have had a bad dream because water coming through the ceiling like she was describing could only happen in a hurricane, and it wasn't even sprinkling outside.
I got up upon her insistence, and found that she was indeed correct. There was water pouring through the light fixture. My other daughter kept her wits about her, and emptied a 3 drawer Rubbermaid container on her desk and positioned them to catch the flow. I love that child! I ran to wake my husband who can sleep through anything, including a flood. He's been very sick, so it was taking him a minute to process. I ran up the soggy stairs, which really did look like a waterfall rolling down. In the upstairs bathroom, I find where the pool had started, and waded in to the water heater in the closet, which was spewing faster than all our towels could soak.
We knew we could turn off the water at the street, but really just wanted to turn off supply to that one water heater. We weren't having any luck. So, I called the previous home owner/builder, which happens to be my Dad! Everyone loves a call at 2 A.M., right?
No matter what we did, we just had to keep the water off at the street valve because that was our only real solution. It's a big mess, but I know it rains on the righteous and the unrighteous alike, even though it does seem to be our turn a lot...
"I'd have thought by now, that you would have reached down and wiped our tears away. Stepped in and saved the day, but once again I say Amen, and it's still raining." -Casting Crowns
1 comment:
Man, I guess I would say "when it rains...." Glad everyone is safe and at least it is not set to snow all week, so open those windows!
Post a Comment