Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lullaby

Bopsphoto © 2007 Doug McCaughan | more info (via: Wylio)


Every family has their night time ritual with their kids, and with each child it has been a little different in our house. For the third child, things have gotten more complicated, rather than being simplified. I suppose it's because there's a nine year gap between this child and the first, and since she's the last, we do it RIGHT.


There are a few things in this house that are required. D is turning two next month, so when I say required, I mean, "for the love of all things holy, get the child what she needs before mommy implodes, or explodes, which quite frankly is just much more messy."

  • Blankey- it is brown, not made for a child, but is soft, and a throw size, so it's works. All pink, plush, lovely blankies intended for this purpose were not deemed suitable by said child.
  • Pah-Pah- your child may call it a bink, binkey, passey, or if they are just way too old to have one, pacifier.
  • Moon! It is a song. It goes like this. I'm not sure how this got started, but eyes will not close without it being sung.
  • Elephant- this is a video, but the watching of said video is not required, so long as the song is sung. It is important that all these requirements be met.
  • Then prayers are said, and I mean every word when I pray for a good night's sleep, and then she gives a big, "AAAAAAAMEN!" and that make it all worth every hoop we just jumped through.

No comments: