Monday, February 22, 2010

On your mark. Get set. CLEAN!

Monday. I know it's so overdone to hate on Monday, but seriously, it's rough. Whatever gets done on the weekend seems to get all undone on Monday alone. Does anyone else share this experience? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Anyway... I began my freaking out when my neighbor came to my door after the bomb had already gone off for the day. After he walked out the door, I literally walked to the fridge to bang my head against it. WHY?! of all days do people think that just dropping in is ok? It's not, just so you know. I do not run a drop in house. I run a call and stall for five minutes to give me a chance to at least clear a path to the door kind of house.

So, after seeing my mortification, all my peeps pitched in. I was blown away with how much got done in such a short period of time. My kids can clean? Who knew! I usually expect their cleaning to consist of mostly complaining and very little productive work, but today they rocked my socks! Hubby grabbed the broom and scrubbed the stove top. The girls cleared the table and scrubbed random surfaces with Clorox wipes. In the end, I realized there is hope. I've been toying with the idea of getting a cleaning lady, but what do you know, I've got an extra two cleaning gals who will work for room and board. HA!

No comments: