As I approach my time to deliver, I have started to see some of the signs that baby's arrival is emanate. For one, I was a cleaning fiend this weekend. I mean, seven loads of laundry, ironing, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing. folding, mopping, digging in the flower bed, and all the other stuff I couldn't seem to do for the last few months. If I hadn't hurt my back doing all this, I'm sure I would have done more. I was ready to hang from the rafters to dust ceiling fans, and crawl on the floor to hunt dust bunnies. I think I saw a wabbit... a waskawy wabbit.
I accomplished all this with one serious distraction. My face is so swollen I can see my own lips. It's so annoying; I have no idea how Angelina Jolie functions! I mean maybe that's something you get used to, but I'm sure since she's been pregnant for the last three years straight, it only gets worse for her... poor thing.
And then there is the sleep issue. As I woke up at 7:30 yesterday and did all that big ol' bunch of stuff, you'd think I would be ready to pass out. Oh, but no. Finally at 3:45, I gave in and took a Tylenol PM. (Thanks sis, for also being awake to tell me to give up the ghost and just take it already). The heating pad, the stack of pillows to prop me up so I can breathe, the blankets that I can tear off... how does it feel to just go to sleep like a normal person? I forget.
Any who... as I'm annoyed by all these things, I think about Angie who lost her baby girl a year ago today, and I can do this. I think about how significant it will be to have a strong, healthy, fully "cooked" baby and how many mommies would just love to be able to carry a baby to term, and I can do this. I think about baby Stellan, and his mom who just wants fix his broken heart, and I can do this. I have NOTHING to complain about, God knows the little annoyances, like going to work on less than three hours sleep, and He can help me do this. I did the months and months of IV fluids as a substitue for food; I can do this. At least I can eat now. I carried that medicine pump everywhere I went, I can carry this baby a few more weeks if that's what she needs. I can do this.
2 comments:
In a week, it will all be over!
So, this is The Cotton Opossum. Russell and I were just saying the other day....what is The Cotton Opossum? Cute! I will have to add you to my list of blogs to check out. Good luck on your delivery! If it makes you feel better, I am not getting any sleep! Very sad. I love to sleep and eat. Both seem to not agree with me. We will be praying for you!
Post a Comment