So, I'm all into the idea, thinking that I can get my way out of shape rear into running mode in just two and a half weeks. I'm ready to go punish myself for the trial run when I get the friendly memo that it's not a 5k, but a 5 MILE run.
That may not seem like a lot of difference to the girl who is about to run twenty some miles, but that two extra miles is way more than I can wrap my head around. So far, I have gotten down my road, .5 miles at a slow plod. All together yesterday I probably ran a mile and walked a mile, but I never ran for more than a half mile at a time. Today was a repeat performance. I am going to have to pretend that someone is after my neck with an ax to accomplish even running through half this race. I guess I can't call it a race if my goal is not to die. I think I'm going to register as Anne Boleyn for extra motivation. Do you think anyone will notice? No that won't work. We all know the ax DID catch up with her...
Any motivation for me people? I need help!!
1 comment:
IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!! (she says screaming and jumping up and down.)
Post a Comment