Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pioneer Woman

Today, I spent way more time in an apron than I normally do. I started this morning doing a mad dash around the house so I could let friends past the front porch when they arrived. I then spent the next few hours making lacto-fermented foods. That's right kids, I jarred up some pickles and some sauerkraut, which involved beating cabbage for 10 minutes. Well, let's hope it's worth it, because that meat tenderizer and I became good friends over this cabbage this morning.

Why would I do this? Well my good friend who is way more health ambitious than I, has done it before, I had a truck load of cucumbers from my garden, and we needed to get together, so tada! A pioneer woman day was born!

After my friend and her 3 girls left, I mowed the lawn while the baby was sleeping. I then showered off real quick, got the baby up, and made homemade chocolate chunk cookies, again while wearing an apron. So, for the rest of the day, I'm pretty well done. I've been productive enough!

No comments: