Wednesday, March 10, 2010

For the Moms of the Chronically Ill

Last Friday was spent taking Baby D to the doctor. An antibiotic and steroid later, and she was still very ill. Yesterday was spent taking her back to the doctor. A breathing treatment, and inhaler later, we were able to come back home. I waited for my appointment at 4, for which I arrived at 3:40, until 5 to see the doctor. We weren't out of there until 5:30. That put me in rush hour traffic, yay. I had to go to two different pharmacies in two different towns. I didn't get home until 8 P.M.

Did I mention I left the house that morning at 6:50 A.M.? That's a long time to be out!

After getting home, I still had to give the baby two puffs of albuterol, and the effects were mind-blowing! If only I could contain that much energy into such a tiny tube and partake whenever necessary! Here is evidence of her energy. It is blurry because she was jumping uncontrollably.

But all of this is to say that I feel so sorry for all the moms who deal with chronically ill children every day. I know several moms who have children that require a lot of medical attention, and my heart just goes out for them. I'm sure you come to a new normal, but I'm exhausted after just a few days, much less after every day. God bless your efforts on behalf of your children.

No comments: