Everyone is all a buzz with which actor will win what. Who is wearing whom? The speeches, the honors, the passed over is all crammed into three hours. It's like Junior High all over again.
I remember the first time I went shopping for TIGHT jeans. I believe I was in forth grade. I got the smallest possible size I could sit comfortably in, and then got the next size down off the rack before I let mom see for the final approval. "Nope, too tight," she said.
But MOM, that's the style. I can't be seen wearing jeans that look comfortable, or that might still fit in a couple months! I need the tightest, painted on looking, lay on the bed to zip jeans I can get. I guess looking back I can be thankful that I had a mom who was looking out for me when I was too foolish to know that you need to be able to breathe in your clothes. Obviously, not all girls have that, and it makes me sad for them.
I've been shopping for prom dresses (Yes, I'm 30 and going to prom. What's your point?) And I'm pretty picky about what I'll be seen in. There is no red carpet, there are no cameras to speak of, and certainly no teenager cares what I look like, but I care! So, how do these girls not rethink some of these Oscar fashions? I don't really care about the awards since I won't see the movies until they come out on Netflix! So here is my fashion review for 2010.
Well, by mine, I mean somebody else's but I would have said the same thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment