Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hope- The Antithesis of Cynicism

My baby girl is very sick. She has the croup and is just miserable, which as a mom is one of the worst feelings. You know there is really nothing you can do, but what you can do, and when that's not enough and they are still miserable, you can only hope and pray that this will pass quickly for everyone's sake!

Pray and hope. Hope and pray. It sounds trite, but really I'm working on learning to hope again. I've been through a lot in the last ten years. A lot of life has been packed into my early adult years, and you know when you're packing that means you'll be carrying around baggage. In my cynical mind, I've become self sufficient because it's just easier to not get disappointed. If you never hope for anything, you're never let down when nothing happens. BUT THEN NOTHING HAPPENS!

My husband is fairly miserable with his job situation. It's taking him away from the family a lot, it's an hour drive each way, and it's not as if he's driving for killer pay. Cynical me would be so wrapped up in the fact that this is probably as good as it's going to get, but I'm holding on to hope that the Lord has something fantastic in store for him. God can do this! Yes, the job market is depressed, and we're thankful to have jobs, but God can do this.

God can heal. God can provide. Hope and pray. Pray with hope.

UPDATE!!

Within an hour of this original posting, my husband called to say that he has a new position within the same company with fixed hours of 8-5 M-F. Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Whoo!

Unknown said...

I'm glad things worked out for your husband, and I'm praying for the baby.

Love, Fat-fatty

Mrs. Kelly said...

Aww! I love my fat-fatty

Sally Powell said...

This is AWESOME news. So glad for you guys!